Saturday, August 8, 2009

Welcome to Moon Shot

Welcome to the inaugural blog for Moon Shot--the place to celebrate individual triumphs, share disappointments and pain, and wonder at the amazing, ridiculous, and amusing.

Posts here will chronicle my venture into the writing industry as well as my love of food, technology, travel, and interesting tidbits of information. Each day will bring something special to share or at least my two cents.

Why call the blog "Moon Shot" if it's not a baseball journal? The name captures my life's ambitions. I always strive for the moon even when it seems unattainable. Secondly, the moon is tied to nature and ancient religions, which inspired the main character of my first novel, "Eternity is Not Enough." Lastly, I LOVE baseball (Go Phillies!). I don't know the stats of every player. I don't even know the names of most players (all of my guy friends just rolled their eyes and shook their heads in disappointment). But I love the game. The sounds, smells, and experiences of a live baseball game capture a slice of historical Americana that is second to none.

A baseball moon shot--a long, high home run--is like this blog. Whether or not it reaches the stars is irrelevant as long as I'm always aiming for them.

1 comment: